LBS ONLINE LEARNING CATALOGUE
LBS ONLINE LEARNING is designed to give students the opportunity to learn, to enable and motivate them to apply lessons that will be valuable for the rest of their lives, to them and those around them ─ in their personal and business activities. All the courses are interactive. The course series with higher numbers are more interactive than those with lower numbers. Students who enroll in courses are eligible to receive enrollment discounts for future courses, in accordance with the parameters described in the course material. Students are encouraged to contact the course instructor if they have any questions relating to courses or any difficulty whatsoever accessing course material.
Everything in life is about negotiation. But not everything is negotiable. Skilled negotiators are most likely to avoid avoidable mistakes and be in a position to manage actions and manage reactions. The point is that all of us can be better negotiators. Given the significance of negotiation in our daily lives, the ease of improving our negotiating skills and the low cost of doing so, everyone should improve their skills. Your individual, familial, social and commercial relationships, and negotiated results, will improve when you complete one or more of these Online Courses –regardless of your experience and negotiating skill levels.
New Courses can be designed for the particular needs of individuals, groups, companies and associations. Please contact LBS of you would prefer a different negotiating course than those listed. Check the course listing from time to time to see if courses of interest to you have been added.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF LBS ONLINE LEARNING
Lot and Block Solutions (“LBS”) offers Online Courses for individuals, groups of individuals (i.e. church groups, professional groups, social groups, charitable organizations and trade associations) and corporate employee training programs. RESULTS ORIENTED/PROCESS SENSITIVE™ methods are used to enrich the educational value of Courses. Student/instructor interaction and other strategies allow online students to benefit from the customized, student-focused teaching strategies used in LBS’ classrooms. Students are invited to communicate with the instructor to address any particular questions or offer suggestions regarding course structure.
None of these course has been designed nor is any intended to provide legal guidance or advice. Students should seek legal counsel to satisfy any legal questions or concerns that they have relating to the subject matters covered.
Course subscriptions are not transferable. All rights to course material are reserved by LBS. Course material is not to be distributed to others in any form without the prior written consent of LBS.
LIST OF ONLINE COURSES
General Subjects (100 Course Series): Tuition for each course in this Series is $100.00. Courses will be available online to each student, thirty days after access has been initially granted to the student.
· Negotiation: Aligning Perspectives (LBSOL110): Students will learn the significance and advantages of setting proper missions to maintain their strategies and objectives, even during difficult and stressful negotiations. They will build self-confidence in being able to predict and proactively manage the actions of themselves and others.
· Identifying and Managing Negotiating Styles – Yours and Theirs (LBSOL120): The advantages and disadvantages of various negotiating styles will be analyzed. Techniques for dealing with each of the styles will be discussed.
· Why People Negotiate and the Advantage of Building the Time, Effort and Money Budgets of Others (LBSOL130): “Negotiating” and “agreeing” are not synonyms. There are a number of reasons that people choose to negotiate. Tools for leveraging the situational elements of negotiations will be identified and analyzed.
· Dispute Resolution: Dealing with Interests Rather than Issues (LBSOL150): Focusing solely on issues can polarize the parties. Resolving the issues can become difficult or even impossible. Relationships and trust may be unnecessarily strained. Students will learn the tools necessary to focus on situational and other dynamics causing themselves and others to take a particular position on an issue. Students will be more able to avoid and resolve disputes.
. Negotiation for Teens: Setting Proper Perspectives for More Confidence, Better Understanding and More Happiness (LBSOL160): You will be encouraged to consider the impact of negotiation skills in life ... and the opportunity of raising their life potentials and chances for success. When understood, accepted and utilized, the negotiating and dispute resolution suggestions covered here will allow you to understand yourself, others and situations better ... resulting in more self-confidence, fulfillment and happiness in your personal and business activities. Teenagers are encouraged to have their parents or custodians view the sample course for teenagers, on this website, prior to enrolling in the course. Teenagers are also encouraged to allow their parents or guardians to see and participate in the course with them, after the teenagers have subscribed.
Specific Negotiating Challenges (200 Course Series): Tuition for each course in this Series is $200.00. Courses will be available online to each student, forty-five days after access has been initially granted to the student.
· Negotiating Dynamics of the Job Search (LBSOL210): The negotiation begins when the decision is made to search for a new job. Job seekers who realize this, can adjust their perspectives, strategies, marketing plans, transmittal letters, resumes and interviewing profiles to best achieve their goals. Students will learn to assess themselves, others and situations during the job search process. Students who want specific coaching during their job search and interviews should consider subscribing to the ResultsCoach™ Service. Information for this Service is available by selecting the ResultsCoach™ button in the Main Menu of this website.
Understanding and Negotiating Selected Contracts (300 Course Series): Tuition for each course in this Series is $300.00. Courses will be available online to each student, forty-five days after access has been initially granted to the student.
· Negotiating Office Leases (LBSOL310): Office leases are complex agreements containing many interdependent clauses. Selected lease clauses will be covered in this course. Students will learn the significance of the clauses, issues important to typical landlords, issues important to typical tenants and the range of negotiated results generally acceptable to landlords and tenants.
· Negotiating Construction Contracts (LBSOL320): Selected clauses contained in the American Institute of Architects contract form and other construction contracts will be covered in this course. Students will learn the significance of the clauses, issues important to each party and the range of negotiated results generally acceptable to both parties. This course has been enables students to learn and understand:
1. the scope and objectives of common commercial construction contract clauses
2. the interests of owners and contractors which determine their positions on the contract clauses
3. various tools and triggers for negotiating construction contracts
4. the impacts of various market dynamics
5. collaborative negotiation
Students should seek legal counsel to satisfy any legal questions or concerns that they have relating to commercial construction contracts.
Students devoting the time and effort to learn the course material will understand the content and inter-relationships of construction contract clauses, common and conflicting concerns of owners and contractors and various negotiating techniques particularly useful in negotiating commercial construction contracts.
YOUR NEXT STEP: The learning management system for these courses is being revised. Please check back soon for to sign up for these courses.